Friday, August 29, 2014

Dollar Tree "Tombstone Corner" Gargoyles Painted

   I had time this week to paint the Gargoyles I recently purchased from the Dollar Tree's new line of Halloween scenery. See my post here for more details.   I bought two sets, one to use for 28mm gaming, and one to use with my 10mm armies.
For the 28mm ones, I mounted them individually on washers, and painted them in a stone-like paint scheme.
They are shown below with a Reaper Paladin for a sense of scale.
The ones for 10mm, I painted as demons in a red color scheme.
Below they are shown with some 10mm skeletons for a sense of scale.
  Overalll, they are not too bad.  The sculpting is a little rough, but hey, they were only a $1 so I can't complain.  The other problem is that their facial expressions tend towards the "cute", which I found hard to disguise with paint.

2 comments:

  1. Cute? People kill cuddly bunnies, goats, lambs, cows, ducks, etc... everyday. Maybe, your hero is a villain. Maybe these innocent gargoyle was eating their freshly cooked porridge and having a family time meal when all of a sudden this brute burst down their door demanding treasure. Bet you did not think of that.

    By the way, been lurking on your blog for some time. Lots of useful things thrown about. Thank you for your time and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your take on it! :)

      Thank you for the kind words regarding my blog. I'm glad you've found it useful!

      Delete